Explore our family-friendly evening experience in the Governor's Palace Gardens. This magical glow event will transform our world-class gardens into the star of the show, illuminating the Spring bloom like never before. Enjoy the sounds of the finest 18th-century entertainments on your stroll through the enchanted gardens.
- Please note that this event is not ADA accessible. The terrain of the gardens requires guests to travel up and down stairs without ramps and handrails, and through uneven oyster shell pathways that make it especially difficult for those with mobility issues and those in wheelchairs. Service animals are welcome.
- No stroboscopic lights will be used.
- CW Lights is a walking experience, so please wear comfortable shoes.
- Children under two years of age do not require a ticket to CW Lights.
- Guests can bring strollers, however, there are stairs and uneven terrain throughout the Palace Garden experience, in which a stroller will need to be carried.
- Pets are not permitted.
Parking at the Visitor Center is available, and you can take the shuttle bus to the Palace and back until 10 p.m. If you plan to be in the Historic Area after 10 p.m., please do not park at the Visitor Center. Parking is available at the Art Museums parking lot at 301 S. Nassau Street or one of the paid parking lots closer to the Historic Area.
This event is weather permitting.
Special Event: CW Lights
GET YOUR TICKETS NOW & SHARE YOUR #COLONIALWILLIAMSBURG MEMORIES WITH US!
Presentation: Order in the Court
After a short exploration of the Courthouse and its surroundings, participate in a local court session where lives, liberties, and property are contested.
Music: Fife & Drum March
The Colonial Williamsburg Fifes and Drums, representing military field musicians, march from the Capitol to the Palace Green.
Open to the Public
Tour: Follow a Young Archaeologist
Follow a young Public Archaeology Institute (PAI) participant on a walking tour of Custis Square and the Public Hospital site.